Warehouse / Distribution Team Leader
Manage our DC, use your RF skills and assist with our new WMS
Smith&Smith is New Zealand's leading vehicle glass repair and replacement company and together with Laser Plumbing and Electrical we are part of the global Belron Group. We aim to make a difference to our customers, people and community with real care.
We are seeking an experienced Warehouse / Distribution Centre Team Leader or Supervisor to manage our Auckland Distribution Team on a 4 month contract.
This role is responsible for the daily operational leadership and engagement of our Auckland Distribution Centre.
This includes coordinating labour with the daily workload requirements and ensuring the team are fully motivated to deliver consistently superior customer service. Another area of responsibility is the operational coordination of inbound freight and Auckland regional outbound freight. Execution of internal distribution centre processes such as put away, replenishment, cycle counting, breakage, picking, packing and responsibility for health and safety within the distribution environment are also included in the scope of this role.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience in leading a team in a Distribution/Warehouse environment - we have around 15 people in our warehouse including some temp staff
- Has experience in a paper based and paperless environment using scanning technology.
- Has experience in using a Warehouse Management System (WMS) - we are implementing Microsoft Dynamics365 Advance Warehouse Management
What can Smith&Smith offer me?
- A culture which is purpose-led and values based
- An active reward and recognition scheme for team members who go above and beyond
- Our own Carglass Life Insurance plus discounted Health Insurance through Southern Cross
- A yearly Health and Wellbeing Fund
This is a 4 month fixed term full-time contract role as our Distribution Team Leader will take over the National Logistics Manager role so he can focus on the implementation of our new warehouse automation system.
Smith&Smith takes pride in our family-like culture where everyone comes to work with a professional, can-do attitude. If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, apply now