Autoglass Technician/Trainee - Rangiora
Smith&Smith is proud to be New Zealand's leading vehicle glass repairer and we aim to make a difference with real care. If you share our enthusiasm to help others and deliver exceptional customer service, we want to hear from you!
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Autoglass Technician to join the success of our Rangiora Team!
We'd like someone with energy and drive who is willing to get stuck in, support others and really delight our customers with top quality workmanship.
Although previous autoglass experience is a plus, if you've got no autoglass experience but are keen to learn, we can pair you up with an experienced tech who will teach you all the tricks of our trade!
What we can offer you:
- A fun work environment where we encourage everyone to be themselves, have a laugh and be a success, both professionally and personally
- Industry leading tools and equipment from our global parent company, Belron
- On the job training from the Rangiora Team, plus extra support from your Leading Hand and Branch Manager
- Industry-leading tooling plus a dedicated national Technical Training Team and the opportunity to complete our NZQA Certificate in Automotive Reglazing
- Potential for increased financial recognition as you improve your skills and customer service levels
What you would do as our Technician:
- Take ownership over our customers cars while in our care, ensuring they are delighted with high quality workmanship and exceptional customer service
- Solve our customers problems quickly and conveniently
- General branch activities such as meeting and greeting our customers, sorting stock and carrying out pre-inspections through to fitting temporary plexis and completing chip repairs and glass replacements
- Have customer service experience and a desire to help others
- Can solve our customers problems quickly and conveniently, with honesty and integrity
- Are a hands-on learner with a technical mind, able to pick up new processes and systems quickly
- Have a strong work ethic, enjoy helping people, take pride in your workmanship and are committed team player
We are a seasonal business so flexibility is key, especially over the summer months! Although this role is based on 30 hours per week, hours increase (can be above 40 per week) based on summer demand and typically include rostered Saturdays. Flexibility to travel over this time period is also ideal, as you may be requested to support other locations in the area or across the country.
Smith&Smith take pride in our family-like culture where everyone comes to work with a professional, can-do attitude and goes home safe at the end of the day. If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, apply now!
Applicants must have a basic understanding of computers and a current NZ restricted or full driver's licence (or overseas equivalent), with ability to competently drive manual vehicles.